Sunday 13 September 2009

Trusting (Psalm 13)

Psalm 13

For the director of music. A psalm of David.

1 How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?

2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;

4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.

6 I will sing to the LORD,
for he has been good to me.

I've always wondered what these Psalms would sound like depending on the musical tastes of the director of music. I mean, how different would a psalm sound if he or she were heavily into thrash metal or even something like dub step? Not sure, I reckon if I were the director of music I would like a few psalms, maybe not this one to a bit of motown, just emphasise the soul, but then it may sound a bit to chilled out...thankfully for me, I'm not the director of music for the psalms...

But it's just so true. I simply just want to trust God. He does give his people unfailing love and salvation. It may not always seem so black and white and simple, but trusting in God is opening yourself up to his unfailing love.

The guy in this psalm was obviously in a place of desperation and rejection. He was calling out and seem like nothing was there. But it's in these places of weakness that God comes to us and picks us out and shows us his love. I've got various friends with great testimonies of this exact thing and its amazing to hear how God has turned their lives around.

I've got a lot running my head at the moment. But trusting in God allows you to just put that to one side and just be at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment