Saturday 23 May 2009

Feeling convicted, not guilty...

Just sat down. Feel very convicted of my sin. For my failings as a human. Not being there for my friends, getting caught up in my own trivial affairs. Am I truly living the life that God is calling me to live? I don't think so.

It's an incredibly liberating. Not placing a responsibility on yourself to make yourself happy. When I do that I find, on the whole, I am left unsatisfied. You can never conjure up true happiness and satisfaction yourself. The I think, the more I believe it comes from serving God, lovingly and faithfully.

I would hate to sit down and look at a chart and tot up the number of hours that I have spent satisfying myself, my needs, or things that I think I need. It would not make for pleasant reading.

I am really aware of my sin, yet God forgives, which as I said, is freeing and liberating. It's not a guilt that leaves you to wallow in self pity, but a conviction that leads to improve, to take action and to help and serve others.

You need to find a place of true humility. I don't deserve this, but yet I have it, so what shall I do? I am free to radically love others. I just need to do it.

1 comment: